Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Post #7- Albuquerque Invaders


This is my first completely, 100%, original design. By this, I mean this is strictly a concept. The Albuquerque Invaders do not exist. The concept behind this logo is presumably an NFL team.

The logo style and script style follows the NFL's identity. The NFL features a lot of helmet friendly, short and sweet logos, unlike the NBA where logos are more complex. Also, the NFL for some reason has pushed for simple wordmarks. I don't know why this is, but the recent teams to undergo rebrandings (Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals, Jaguars) have all come out with extremely simple wordmarks.

I decided to follow that lead. The colors I used are bright green and a blue-green. Obviously, Albuquerque isn't quite the home of invader conspiracys (or truths, if you are a believer). It's actually plenty far NW of Roswell, NM, however I figured if any New Mexico based team existed it would have to exist in Albuquerque. There, that is my justification.

No comments:

Post a Comment