Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Post #2- Kennesaw State University Owls


This is a logo I did for my school, Kennesaw State University. Everything in this is completely original. The mountain part of the logo is a rendering of Kennesaw Mountain, which is the double mounded mountain(s) that are the centerpiece of the Kennesaw/Marietta area (here in NW Atlanta, if anyone is unaware). KSU has used Kennesaw Mountain in their marks, however not in any athletic logos. The school colors are gold and black (and burgundy, but that color is seldom used). I added grey and a darker shade of gold to the mix to help with the detailing.

I actually gave this logo a shot with the University. I put together a presentation and sent it to everyone, from the Athletic Director, to the Licensing Director, to the Bookstore, etc. The people who viewed my logo enjoyed it, but when it came to the finish line I couldn't get any immediate leverage--the school recently updated it's trademark commitments. It has got attention from students however. My friend Justin uses it in his custom blog header, I received an interview from the local school newspaper regarding it, and the club paintball team requested if they could use it on their uniforms.

The school wouldn't even allow that. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

3 comments:

  1. I'm setting up a student ran tailgate committee for KSU. We want to have a logo and name and I think this would be a great step towards what we're looking for. The logo and name would be more of an underground fan base...The Nocturnals is a potential name right now. I hope to hear back from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened across this when doing an Google image search for the KSU logo. VERY cool design! Even if they don't adopt it, it is certainly portfolio-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michael, this is Nikki Ventura. I'm at KSU right now, and my club would love to use your owl design for a t-shirt we're making. Anyway we can make this happen?

    ReplyDelete